POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Writing binary files with POV script : Re: Writing binary files with POV script Server Time
4 Aug 2024 02:16:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Writing binary files with POV script
From: Ray Gardener
Date: 22 Aug 2003 14:11:57
Message: <3f465ced$1@news.povray.org>
How about this:

Use the existing file output functions to write
a hex-ASCII version of your file, and then, in
a POV INI file, use the Post_Scene_Command or
Post_Frame_Command directive to execute a
converter app to turn the text into binary form.

Ray Gardener
Daylon Graphics Ltd.
"Heightfield modeling perfected"
http://www.daylongraphics.com